Sunday, October 18, 2009

Natalie's Molasses Crinkles



In high school my friend made the best soft ginger cookies. They were always a favorite of mine. I was so excited when my mom gave me a copy of their ward cook book a couple of years ago and I saw that Natalie's mom had put the recipe in it. Yea! They are so gingery and yummy, and they stay soft for forever. The recipe makes around 6-7 dozen cookies, so I usually half or third it, depending on how many cookies I want.

Molasses Crinkles

1 1/2 cup oil
3 cups white sugar
3 eggs
3/4 cup molasses
6 cups flour
1 T. baking soda
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 t. ginger

Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing in molasses last. Form into one inch balls and roll in sugar. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.

*My Notes
I usually make these with whole wheat flour. The flavor of the molasses and ginger makes it nearly impossible for anyone to tell that they are whole wheat. Also, I usually make 1.5 inch balls and cook them for closer to 11 minutes. I like my cookies to be a little bit larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment