Monday, August 17, 2009

Salad de Maison

I'm not sure where my mom first got this recipe, but it is now a Seamons family staple. If there is a get together happening, there will most likely be Salad de Maison there. I recently took it to our neighborhood Sunday BBQ and it seemed to be well received. Unfortunately, I do not have any picutres of it to post (I meant to take one last night but forgot.) It looks much like a regular green salad, but the garlicky dressing with all the toppings is just divine.

Salad de Maison
2 heads Romains lettuce
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 cup grated swiss cheese
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup croutons
1/2 pound bacon, torn into small bits

Dressing
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 oil (I usually cut this down to 2/3 cup)

1 comment:

  1. I love trying new recipes. Thanks for taking the time to post yours. I'll have to try this one soon.

    ReplyDelete